Before you start
· Watch the video and read this step-by-step plan carefully before you perform the Pink Gellac Manicure
· Observe the exact stated times for curing under the UV lamp (Base = 30 seconds, Colour = 120 seconds, and Shine = 120 seconds). Curing for a longer time does not mean that the polish lasts longer
· Never place the (open or closed) bottles in the sun or beside the UV lamp. The polish will cure immediately, and this is not covered by the guarantee
· Never continue to pull the Gellac from your nail if a piece comes loose. This can damage your nail. Always remove the polish according to our procedure using the Pink Gellac Remover
· To achieve lasting perfection, you must apply the polish in several thin coats and not in one thick coat
· Shake the Base, Colour and Shine for 30 seconds before use
· We recommend that Pink Gellac should not be used on children younger than 16 years old
What you need
· UV lamp
· Pink Gellac Base
· Pink Gellac Colour
· Pink Gellac Shine or Matt
· Pink Gellac Nail Cleaner
· Nail wipes
· Cuticle pusher
· Orange Wood Sticks
· Nail file 100/180 grit
· Buffer block or nail file 240/240 grit
· Manicure brush
· Towel or kitchen roll
· Gently push back your cuticles using the cuticle pusher
· Remove dead skin cells and any ridges on your nails using a buffer block or 240/240 grit nail file
· Use the 100/180 grit nail file to file your nails to the desired length and shape
· Use the Manicure brush to remove dust
· Make the location where you perform the manicure dust-free using a towel or kitchen roll
· Use Pink Nail Cleaner on a Nail Wipe to thoroughly degrease your nails.
Possible extra adhesion
If you have thin, brittle nails or if you (for example, due to your work) often have wet hands, then it is recommended to apply Pink Primer for extra adhesion.
· Clean your nails thoroughly using Pink Nail Cleaner
· Apply the Primer to the top of your nails and along the cuticles
· Prevent the Primer from coming into contact with your skin
· Allow the Primer to air-dry for 10 seconds, so NOT under the UV lamp
Applying a Base
· Apply the Base thinly, leave a gap of approximately 1 millimetre from the cuticles and polish the top of your nails extremely carefully
· Cure the Base for 30 seconds under the UV lamp
Applying a Colour
· Apply the Colour thinly, leave a gap of approximately 1 millimetre from the cuticles and polish the top of your nails extremely carefully
· Cure the Colour for 120 seconds under the UV lamp
· Repeat this Step once or twice until optimal coverage is achieved (some colours require three coats to achieve optimal coverage)
Applying a Shine or Matt
· Apply the Shine thinly, leave a gap of approximately 1 millimetre from the cuticles and polish the top of your nails extremely carefully
· Cure the Shine for 120 seconds under the UV lamp
· For a matt finish, you replace the Shine with the Matt coat. You apply this in the same way (if necessary, you can repeat this Step to achieve an extra matt look)
· Remove the sticky coat of the Shine or Matt using Pink Nail Cleaner on a Nail Wipe
Apply Cuticle Oil to your cuticles and massage them. Repeat this daily to achieve a long-lasting result and healthy nails.
Tips and advice
· Always perform all steps from Base to Shine per hand or foot (and for example, do not first apply the Base to both hands and feet) in order to ensure that your nails remain thoroughly degreased
· Make sure that your nails are completely dry. Do not wash your hands, and do not have a shower or a bath before you apply Gellac
· Use Nail wipes and not cotton pads. Cotton pads leave fluff behind, Nail Wipes are fluff-free
· Do not touch your nails after degreasing using Pink Nail Cleaner. If this does happen, make sure to degrease your nails again
· Use Pink Primer if you have soft or brittle nails
· Immediately close the bottles after polishing and move them away from the UV lamp
· Sweep the brush across both sides of the bottle, so that drops are not left behind on the brush
· Start polishing in the centre of your nail and leave a gap approximately 1 millimetre wide between the polish and your cuticles
· Always polish the top of your nails extremely carefully in order to prevent chipping.
· After curing, the Gellac is sticky. Do not remove this sticky coat in the meantime. You only remove this using Pink Nail Cleaner on a Nail Wipe after the last coat, the Shine or Matt.
· Hydrate your nails and cuticles daily for a long-lasting result, especially in the winter
· Wear gloves when using cleaning products
· Do not file your nails shorter after you have applied Pink Gellac
Problems and solutions
There is air in the Base, Colour or Shine
This can occur due to air in the brush. Wipe the brush thoroughly by wrapping a Nail Wipe around the brush and ‘squeezing’ the polish out of the brush. Do not use excessive force when using the brush as this can cause hairs to fall out of the brush.
The Gellac becomes completely detached
This can be due to several causes. Perhaps you washed your hands or had a shower or bath before applying it. Perhaps you did not thoroughly degrease your nails using Pink Nail Cleaner or you have cured the Base for longer than 30 seconds under the UV lamp. Maybe you did not polish the top of your nails as well, or you applied the Base, Colour or Shine too thickly? If you have followed all of the instructions correctly, we recommend applying Pink Primer for extra adhesion.
The Gellac becomes detached at the top of the nail
This can be because you did not thoroughly degrease your nails using Pink Nail Cleaner, you did not also polish the top of your nails, or you cured the Base for longer than 30 seconds under the UV lamp. Another possible cause can be thickening at the end of your nail when polishing the top. Did you follow the instructions correctly? Perhaps your nails might be too thin and flexible, for example, due to long-term use of artificial nails. In that case, apply Pink Primer to the top of your nails for optimal adhesion.
Pink Professional Nail Polish by PBC
Gel Nail Polish / Gel Nagellak
Ingredients: Di-HEMA Trimethylhexyl Dicarbamate, HEMA, Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, PEG-9 Dimethacrylate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Hydroxycyclohexyl Phenyl Ketone, Trimethylbenzoyl Diphenylphosphine Oxide, Hydroquinone, Hydroquinone Methylether, Mica [+/-] CI15510, CI15850, CI15850, CI19140, CI42090, CI47005, CI60725, CI77007, CI77266, CI77491, CI77491, CI77492, CI77510, CI77742, CI77891.
GB: Instructions for use: Use with UV-lamp as indicated in Pink Gellac training documentation.Read before use the user manual for the Pink Gellac 36 UV-lamp. Warning: For professional use only. Avoid skin contact. Read directions for use carefully.
Pink Professional Top/Base Coat by PBC
Ingredients: Di-HEMA Trimethylhexyl Dicarbamate, HEMA, Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, Hydroxycyclohexyl Phenyl Ketone, CI 60725.
GB: Instructions for use: Use with UV lamp as primer and/or top coat as indicated in Pink Gellac training documentation.Read before use the user manual for the Pink Gellac 36 UV-lamp. Warning: For professional use only. Avoid skin contact. Read directions for use carefully.
Pink Professional Nail Cleaner by PBC
Nail Cleaner / Nagelreiniger
Ingredients: Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum.
GB: Instructions for use: Use Nail Cleaner for degreasing and cleaning, as well as to remove of the layer of sweat generated during curing of UV gels.
Pink Professional Remover by PBC
Gel Nail Polish Remover / Gellak verwijderaar
Ingredients: Acetone, Butyrolactone, Aqua.
GB: Instructions for use: Use to remove gel nail polish without filing, and to gently and reliable remove adhesive residue from the skin and equipment. Remover is practical in the application and can be used precisely with the pipette bottle.
PBC International BV
PO Box 602
1250 AP Laren